WELCOME BACK STUDENTS!
Look. We know what you are going through. (Been there and done that. Class of 2004 baby. Go Gators.) You’re getting back in town and you have a million things to get done. The parentals are probably with you as you are getting unpacked into that brand new resort-style apartment complex across town. If you are a freshman, your mom is probably on the verge of a breakdown as her ‘baby’ is now starting college and will only be coming home for the long weekends or holiday breaks. (We love you mom!) Meanwhile, dad is contemplating on whether to turn your bedroom into a home gym or the home office he never had. He is also planning all the vacations he and mom can now go now that they don’t have to plan around you and your high school events any longer.
It’s ok. We are here for you. So here is a mini NS4L list of scooter things you need to know for B2S:
1. Your parents know that you need a scooter. You need one so you can hit the snooze 5 times, roll out of bed, get on the scoot, pull up outside of your class, and still make it on time. We call this the NO WAITING ON THE BUS plan. So come in and get it now while there is a HUGE selection!
2. Scooters are cool. Get over it. Several years ago, we had parents begging to buy scooters for their sons and daughters, and these sons/daughters would say, ‘No… Scooters are dorky.’ EEEERRRRR (this is my buzzer noise) Wrong! Scooters are cool dude. If your parents are willing to buy you a scooter, you should let them! It is the GREATEST tool for school. FACT: Sophomores used to be our top customer because they would SUFFER through the first year and then come buy a scooter before their second year. Today – FRESHMEN are our top customer!
3. Your parents will want to borrow your scooter. No matter what they say, plan on being scooter-less on those game day weekends. What’s more fun than tailgating at all those Gator football games? Um… Going from tailgate to tailgate seeing all your ‘old college buddies’ and showing off your son/daughter’s scooter. It’s ok. When they drop it, we will fix it.
3a. So should you not let them borrow your scooter? Answer: Did you pay for it? If yes – then no. Did they pay for it? If yes – then yes. See how that works? 😉
4. Your parents truly care for your safety (and so do we). Ok. So a helmet isn’t the most fashionable part of your daily wardrobe, but check it… it could save your life. You: “I know. I know. I know.” Ok. Cool. So listen and wear it. Nearly every scooter accident we have heard of has been because the car driver didn’t see the scooter driver. (Parents… stop freaking out, you don’t hear of scooter accidents nearly as much as you think. They are pretty rare.) Oh. And if your under 21, it is the law.
5. We are family. So call us when you need us. Mom and dad probably don’t live in Gainesville, so if you run over that nail and get a flat tire, they probably can’t help you. If you accidentally press your scooter brakes a little too late and bang into the back of a car, your parents won’t be able to be there. Guess what? WE CAN. Such situations can fluster you, so take a deep breathe, pick up the phone, call us and let us come help you. We can walk you through everything you need help with and can be the first people there in the event of an emergency.
5a. Seriously… we have customers that stop by to hang out, see what is new, and raid our coffee bar. It is ok. You don’t have to break something on your scooter if you want to come by. We are family. So whether you want to come hang out or whether you need a hug from a friend, we are here.
6. Ever been to the Apple store on the day a new iPhone is released? B2S time is like that for NS4L! WE ARE BUSY DUDE! Don’t freak out if your scooter is in for repair and it takes us 3 weeks to get to it! The service department looks like this…
We have a HUGE team that is working long hours to get service completed, new scooters prepared, rentals out the door, etc. as quick, efficiently, and as safely as possible. Please be patient and forgive us if it takes longer than normal to get your scooter in for repair to you.
There are probably a lot of more things we could write about when it come to B2S, I feel like that hits the core. Have fun. Be safe. If you are a regular, stop by and say hi. If you are a newbie, welcome. We are excited to add you to our Gainesville Scootin’ Family!
Stay Calm and Scoot On.
Collin & the NS4L Team
Welcome to the New Scooters 4 Less & KISS 105.3 B2S (This means Back to School for all you old folks!) Selfie Contest! NS4L is known for it’s extravagant culture, super fun contests, and for giving away TONS of scooters over the past several years… So let’s do it again! But wait… Let’s give away MORE!
What are we giving away to one lucky winner?!
1. RX50 SCOOTER – Winner get’s to choose ANY color he / she wants! ($1200 Value)
2. Scooter Skull Cap Helmet ($75 Value)
3. Scooter Grip Lock ($80 Value)
4. Scooter Weather Cover ($50 Value)
5. Scooter Bluetooth Speaker ($40 Value)
6. 2 Year Maintenance Plan ($300 Value)
7. Vacation Storage Package – Includes Winter Break, Spring Break, and Summer Storage ($300 Value)
8. $200 Gas Card ($200 Value – duh!)
9. HUGS from our Scooter Loving Team (Priceless of course!)
10. SWAG BAG of shirts and other fun stuff for CREATIVELY AWESOME SELFIES.
So how do YOU enter?!
Well… chances are that if you found this blog…
1. You have WAY too much time on your hands.
2. You LOVE us… like A LOT.
3. YOU CLICKED THE KISS 105.3 FLIPPER AND WERE CONNECTED TO THIS POST! #BOOM
So what do I do now?!
1. Find a New Scooters 4 Less Scooter ANYWHERE. They are all over the place! Then take a SELFIE! Something like this…
2. Visit Facebook.com/newscooters4less and upload your #SCOOTERSELFIE to our Facebook Wall. This counts as entry numero uno! Tag it #SCOOTERSELFIE
3. Now email Collin Austin (COE – Chief of Everything) and include the following:
This get’s you a SECOND entry into the contest!
So who can enter and what are the rules?!
We HATE ‘fine print’ so there isn’t any ‘trickery.’ Here is the straight up ‘what you need to know.’
1. You must be 18 years old to enter.
2. Winner is responsible for Sales Tax/ Solid Waste Tax/ Tag/ Title/ Registration/ Temp Tag. On $2,245.00 of freebies, this would be approximately $300 – $400 or so depending on where you want the scooter registered.
3. The name of the person drawn wins all the STUFF. This means if you win, we aren’t going to sign the scooter over to your brother, sister, friend, etc. We will do the paperwork with YOU (the winner) and if you want to give it to someone else later, then that is up to you! However, maintenance packages and storage packages will not be transferrable.
4. That’s it. #BOOM – but if you have any other questions, email Collin@NS4L.com.
How is the winner chosen?!
CONTEST ends September 7th. Winner will be chosen at RANDOM by putting all the selfie pics and email entries in a hat and drawing the winner (or in one of our epic ways we are known for). We will announce the winner soon after on our Facebook Page and notify the winner via email and phone number!
No Car? No Problem. Scooters Solve All!
If you’re anything like me, your car is your child. It is more than just a mode of transportation or a way to get from point A to point B. It is your faithful companion in all sorts of adventure. It is the way you experience the world beyond the vicinities of your daily life. If you’re anything like me, your car is a big deal.
So, when my parents told me I wouldn’t be able to bring my car for my first college semester at the University of Florida, I was depressed. (…slightly dramatic. But really.)
Although I pleaded to my parents, “but you don’t understand. I’m going to need it!” …they didn’t seem to budge. There was too much preventing bringing Stuart (my fabulous 2005 Silver Toyota Corolla) alongside for my first semester of college.
But it wasn’t long before I realized that maybe Stuart was better off at home. And here’s why:
Scooters Are Everywhere
Gainesville is full of scooters. They are everywhere! I’m not talking Razor scooters, I’m talking motor scooters. Who would’ve thought, right?! (Seriously… I blame Collin and the early NS4L Team)
But yeah, they’re everywhere. Lots of students have scooters to get around campus and Gainesville in general. They’ll save you gas money, time, and give you a piece of mind! You won’t have to rely on the bus system, but rather leave at your own times. They just make your life so convenient!
Parking Is A Mess
There are over 50,000 students, faculty, and staff at UF on any given day. Take a moment. Think about all those cars! Parking at UF is, to say the least, rather difficult, especially as a freshman. The parking decal system is based off the amount of credit hours you have. More credit hours means better parking locations. It can mean the difference parking behind your dorm or parking at the edge of campus in the commuter lot. As a freshman, my credit hours were limited, especially compared to your typical junior or senior. Not only that but even if I was able to find a parking spot, it still meant a lengthy walk to my classes. There is typically no parking right next to classroom buildings… unless you’re riding a scooter.
There is way more convenient scooter parking next to classroom buildings, libraries, the Reitz Union, SW rec, and behind dorms! I’m telling you, the possibilities are endless!
A College Budget is No Joke
I had heard stories about “being college student living on a budget” but I wasn’t fully able to understand until I was there and was that student. It didn’t take me long to realize Stuart would have burned a hole in my pocket with all that gas consumption. Not to mention, having a bunch of “carless friends” who would inevidently ask, “hey, do you think I could have a ride?”
Scooters don’t need that much gas. And by that much, I mean I pump once every 2 weeks. And when I do pump, it’s around $5. They’re very fuel-efficient. A new scooter pays for itself within a year or two, depending on how much you ride it.
Don’t get me wrong. I still miss Stuart. After all, he was my first car! But he’s better off doing his own thing for the time being. I’ll probably bring him later on, but for now…
Sebastian is my new man!
Sebastian is a 2014 Seafoam Buddy 50! 🙂
What?! Stuart has a new friend now. The more the merrier!
Author: Andrea Ramos
Culture Operative / HR / Events Manager / I do a bunch of random stuff to help this team